Monday, July 19, 2010

Mommy, will you please stay?!

I was so touched with the letter of my niece Bea to her mommy Gie, my sister. She ask her mom to stay home or let her go with her at the office. She said she will just sit on her lap or hide beside her computer so nobody will see her. So sweet!

I remember back when we were at her age, we always wanted to be with our Mama Connie. When she goes out for a business meeting, we plead to accompany her wherever it maybe. There's also something special about my mom's smell... a relaxing feeling of security. I guess the bond between a child and a mom is stronger than anything else.

Here's a portion of Gie's blog:
"While I was preparing to leave, she approached me and gave me something rolled and tied with her red sanrio rubberband. It was a letter, a plead i guess... and as i read her handwritten note I felt something warm flowing below my eyes... It made me teary eyed...well, it made me cry... her letter literally was cutting my heart into pieces... then I rolled it again. "
Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont


Now, I miss my Andrea and can't wait till I get home and feel her hug!


I love you, Mama. Wish I could be there with you always. 


:")

No comments: